RAW SHELLED HAZELNUTS
Categories: Piedmont PGI
- Tonda Gentile Trilobata
- Regina Selection, produced exclusively in the hills of the Langhe
The raw shelled hazelnuts come from a process of shelling, grading and separating which is done firstly mechanically and then by hand.
- Size 15: the biggest, ideal to be used whole, usually toasted. They are big when toasted, easy to peel and richer in fat.
- Grade 14: the quintessential perfect grade, that brings out the glory of the Piedmontese hazelnut.
- Grade 13: small, but used for coatings or chocolate interiors (especially when toasted), but harder to peel than grades 14-15.
- Grade 11/13 - scrap: suitable for grinding, as the nuts are heterogeneous and not aesthetically pleasing.